Pets are often considered family members, and many people would feel sad and alone if they had to leave their pet behind during a move. A pet relocation service can help make the process easier and less stressful for both you and your pet. By working with a professional organization, you can be sure that your pet will be cared for while you’re away. Some services also provide detailed updates on your pet’s well-being, making the transition that much easier.
There are many reasons to choose a pet relocation service when moving. Some people may want to avoid the hassles and expenses of moving on their own. Others may not have enough time or space to move their pets themselves, and a pet relocation service can take care of everything for them. Whatever the reason, choosing a reliable pet relocation service is a smart decision.
Types of Pet Relocation Services
Broadly speaking, there are three types of pet relocation services:
- Domestic Pet Relocation – As the name suggests, this type of pet relocation service is useful when you are relocating to a different city within the same country. Domestic Pet Relocation can typically be done by Flight, Train, or Road.
- International Pet Relocation Import – This is when you are bringing a pet from a different country to India(Importing into India)
- International Pet Relocation Export – This type of pet relocation is useful when you are moving out of India(Exporting from India) to another Country.
How to Choose a Pet Relocation Service
Many people are now moving for work, and pets often follow. Whether you’re packing up your life in a move or your furry friend is accompanying you on vacation, finding the right pet relocation service can make the process smoother and easier. Here are some tips to help you choose one:
- Make sure the pet relocation company you chose, has at least 3-4 years of experience in doing pet relocations. Pet relocation requires a lot of logistic coordination, paperwork, empathy, and sensitivity.
- If your requirement is to do Internation Pet Relocation from Bangalore, make sure the company you pick has done it before.
- Always ask for references of their past customers. Do not just go by website reviews. Get references and speak to those pet parents about their experience with the chosen company.
- Ask them if they have speed dial access to a very good vet in case there is a need during the transportation.
- Check if they are IPATA and/or ATA certified. Though it’s not mandatory, it just signals that the company has more experience and has undergone some basic screening.
- Check the background of the founding team. Are they pet parents themselves or not?
- Please check if they have access to a good pet handling team on the ground. If you are looking at international pet relocation, this becomes very important. You will need someone on the ground to receive and handle your pet when they land.
- Check if all their handlers are trained/certified and know how to handle pets.
- If you are looking for international pet relocation, check if the service provider has access to Pet Quarantine Facilities. Most of countries require some form of quarantine for animals and a No Objection Certificate issued by the country of origin. Animal Quarantine & Certification Services (AQCS) looks into the internationally accepted certification for livestock and animals, so that any animal being exported to another country complies with their respective health requirement, as well as those specified in the International Zoo- Sanitary Code. Animal Quarantine & Certification Services, AQCS, certifies livestock and animals in accordance with regulations based on international standards, in addition to those in the International Zoo-Sanitation Code. The duration of quarantine ranges from 21 to 6 months, depending on the disease they are suspected of carrying. This is to make sure that your pet does not carry any infection to the new country.
- Ask them for a timeline. Check if it will be a direct transfer or if there will be stop-overs. If there will be stop-overs, will there be someone to take care of the pet during stop-overs?
- Ask for a quote. And remember, the cheapest might not be the best option in this case. We are, after all, talking about our babies.
The Cost Of Pet Relocation
The cost of pet relocation is very subjective and depends on a lot of factors like:
- Domestic or International pet relocation
- Distance of relocation
- Size of the pet
- Air/Train/Road relocation (in case of domestic relocations)
- Whether the pet is accompanied by a pet handler or not.
We have put together this detailed article to arrive at an approximate cost. Make sure you read it before choosing a pet relocation company.
In conclusion, it is important that you do your research before choosing a pet relocation service. Ask around for recommendations, read reviews, and compare pricing. Once you have found a few services that seem like a good fit, reach out to them to get more information. Be sure to ask questions about their experience, the process they use, and what is included in their pricing. By following these tips, you can be sure that you are making the best decision for your furry friend.