Looking for a place to stay on your next vacation with your furry friend? Check out these 8 awesome pet-friendly hotels and resorts in Ooty! From luxurious resorts to cozy homestays, there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re looking to explore the beautiful hills or just relax and take in the stunning views, these hotels are the perfect base for your next trip. With plenty of activities and sights to explore, you and your furry friend are sure to have a paw-some time at any of these top pet-friendly hotels.
8 Most Loved Pet-friendly Hotels And Resorts In Ooty
Here’s our list of the 8 best pet-friendly hotels and resorts in Ooty:
Gangas Sri Balaji Cottage – Pet Friendly Cottage In Ooty
This pet friendly cottage in ooty is the perfect place to relax with your pets! This is located just 2.9km from Ooty lake. Its a nice and peaceful place for you and your pets too sit back and enjoy. They have free wifi.
Sherlock Hotel – Pet Friendly Hotel In Ooty
Sherlock Hotel is located in the hills which has spectacular views and large space for you and your pet too run around in. This pet-friendly hotel in Ooty has horse riding and even a restaurant with amazing food.
Also Read: Best Pet Friendly Hotels In Coorg
Reflections Guest House – Pet Friendly Guest House In Ooty
With the bus station and and railway station nearby, they have free wifi and free parking. They provide hikes in which you can take your pet along with you! Run around with your pet in the garden as well.
The Bowers Chalet – Pet Friendly Resort In Ooty
The bowers Chalet has various activities such as trekking and hiking. Relax your stay with your pet running around in the garden. The Bowers Chalet has amazing breakfast as well.
Also Read: Best Pet Friendly Hotels In Chikmagalur
The Red House – Pet Friendly Villa In Ooty
At the Red house you have free wifi through out and is just 1km away from the Ooty lake. This pet-friendly villa in Ooty is popular for horse riding and you can play table tennis at bed and breakfast with some finger-licking food
goStops OOTY – Pet Friendly Villa In Ooty
This stunning pet-friendly resort is situated 3.9 km away from the Ooty lake. Enjoy amazing food and spend time with your pet in the resort’s garden.
Also Read: Best Pet Friendly Hotels In Wayanad
Savoy- IHCL Seleqtions – Pet Friendly Luxury Resort In Ooty
This landmark is situated in the hills, with plenty of open space to run around and much more. There are about 40 rooms and cottages spread across 6 acres. Enjoy nature walks, treks, birdwatching, and fishing with your pets.
Wild zest is a pet-friendly resort in Ooty with plenty of open space for your pet to run around in. It has beautiful views of the mountains and lip smacking food. They also set up bonfires and barbeques on request
Why Ooty is the perfect destination for your next vacation with your pet
Ooty, India is the perfect place for you and your furry friend to vacation together. Here’s why:
- This pet-friendly destination has plenty of hotels and resorts that will welcome you and your four-legged companion with open arms.
- There are also many pet-friendly activities to keep both you and your pup entertained. From hiking trails to dog parks, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- The climate is comfortable for both you and your pet
- It’s a nice 5-6 hours drive from Bangalore
- And, of course, you and your pet can enjoy a ride on the famous Toy Train
So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and head to Ooty for a pawsitively unforgettable vacation!
Best Time To Visit Ooty With Your Pet
Though Ooty has very pleasent weather throughout the year, the best time to visit Ooty with your pet is during the cooler months from October to February. The weather is pleasant and cool and the scenery is stunning. Your pet will love exploring the hills and forests of Ooty, and you can enjoy the fresh air and beautiful views together.
If you’re looking for a truly unique experience, consider visiting during the monsoon season from June to September. While it may be wetter than usual, the cooler temperatures and lush greenery make it a beautiful time of year. Plus, your pet will love playing in all the puddles! Just be sure to bring rain gear for yourself and have a plan for keeping your pet dry.
How To Travel To Ooty With Your Pet
Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, is very well connected by train, road or air.
- By Road: The best part about driving to Ooty is that you get to drive through the reserve forest area and see some stunning scenery. This is definitely an experience you and your pet won’t want to miss. If you are lucky, you might also meet some elephants on this stretch! Road travel also give you flexibility of stopping whenever you and your pet wants to take a break.
- By Train: The nearest major railway station to Ooty is Mettupalyam, just 40 kilometres away. You can catch trains from Chennai, Coimbatore, Mysore and Bangalore that all stop at Mettupalyam. From Mettupalyam, you can take a taxi to Ooty. If this is the first time you are travelling by train with your pet, make sure you read travelling by train with your pet. This requires some prior planning and a couple of visits to the railway station.
- By Air: The nearest domestic airport from Ooty is Coimbatore, approximately 88 kilometres away. Coimbatore is well-connected with most of the Indian cities. The other option is to take a flight to Bangalore, which is 295 kilometres from Ooty. Bangalore airport is connected with most of the cities across the globe. Please refer to our detailed article on how to travel by flight with your pet. This also requires a bit of planning and can also be quite expensive.
Whatever mode of transport you decide, make sure you are well prepared to travel with your pet.
Other Pet-friendly Destinations Near Ooty
There are a number of pet-friendly destinations near Ooty that are perfect for vacation with your furry friend:
- Mysore: Mysore is just about 3 hours drive from Ooty. Has a number of gardens and sightseeing places where you can take your pet. In addition, there are also decent pet-friendly hotels in Mysore. Distance from Ooty: 125 KMs
- Coorg: Coorg is another popular choice among pet-parents. In addition to great climate, plenty of outdoor spaces, there are also plenty of pet-friendly hotels, resorts and home-stays in Coorg. Distance from Ooty: 245 KMs
- Coonoor: Just a short drive from Ooty, Coonoor is a beautiful hill station that’s perfect for a relaxing getaway with your furry friend. There are plenty of pet-friendly hotels and guesthouses in Coonoor, as well as plenty of scenic walks for you to enjoy with your four-legged companion. Distance from Ooty: 20 KMs
In conclusion, these eight pet-friendly hotels and resorts in Ooty are the perfect places to stay with your furry friend. They offer a variety of amenities and activities that will keep you and your pet entertained during your stay. So, if you’re looking for a pet-friendly hotel or resort in Ooty, be sure to check out one of these ten awesome options.